Recent Disciplinary Actions
To order copies of Decisions and other documents, send your written request, including the name and license number of the licensee to:
Central File Room
Medical Board of California
2005 Evergreen Street, Suite 1200
Sacramento, CA 95815
Please note: A processing fee is charged for copy requests.
Decisions are removed from this list approximately one year from the effective date.
Colburn, Michael, DPM
License number: E-2942
Decision Effective: 10/28/13
Revoked, Stayed, 5 years probation
Garofalo, Joseph, DPM
Santa Barbara, CA
License number: E-1384
Decision Effective: 03/15/13
Revoked, Stayed, 2 years 364 days probation
Glover, Alfred, DPM
Los Angeles, CA
License number: E-4238
Decision Effective: 07/25/13
Revoked, Stayed, 5 years probation, 60 day suspension
Ky, Nguyen, DPM
San Jose, CA
License number: E-4689
Decision effective: 09/23/13
Revoked, stayed, 5 years probation.
Debell, Bruce, DPM
License number: EFE-3246
Accusation filed: 7/18/13
Karason, Michael, DPM
License number: E-4538
Accusation filed: 10/03/13
Releford, Bill, DPM
License number: E-3630
Accusation filed: 11/14/13
Servatjoo, Parviz, DPM
License number: E-3494
Accusation filed: 5/15/13
Accusation and Petition to Revoke Probation Filed
- A Petition to Revoke Probation is filed when a licensee is charged with violation of a prior disciplinary decision.
- Petitions to revoke probation are removed from this list approximately one year from the effective date.
- Accusations are charges and allegations, which still must undergo rigorous tests of proof at later administrative hearings.
Accusations and/or Statement of Issues Withdrawn or Dismissed
- Accusation "Withdrawn" means the formal charges were dropped before the matter went to an administrative hearing.
- Accusation "Dismissed" means the formal charges were dropped after the matter went to an administrative hearing and the respondent licensee prevailed.
- Accusations withdrawn or dismissed are removed from this list approximately one year from the effective date.
Statement of Issues Filed
- When an applicant for licensure is informed the license will be denied for cause, the applicant has a right to demand a formal hearing, usually before an Administrative Law Judge. This process is initiated by the filing of a Statement of Issues, which is similar to an Accusation.